it's easter egg dyeing week! unfortunately, my son is a little young for dyeing eggs, and though this is a tradition that i absolutely love, i don't think it's quite worth the mess for us yet. good thing there are tons of fun alternatives to dyeing the eggs. here are a few of my favorites:
1. paint is always a fun and easy decorating medium, and you can get as detailed or abstract as you want. aren't those eggs beautiful? image found here.
2. probably one of the easiest (and funnest?) ideas is to straight up doodle on those eggs. image found here.
3. stickers and tatoos look so good and have pretty much zero mess. this is probably the route we will go! image found here.
4. washi tape is another fun-yet-clean way to jazz up those eggs. i'm loving the gold dots! found here.
5. for all you traditional egg dyeing enthusiasts, these neon eggs would be a trendy way to spruce those babies up. image and directions found here.
6. and here are some natural-dye ideas. i love the muted hues. image and ideas found here.
still want more ideas? well, you're in luck. i was randomly watching martha stewart the other day and she was dyeing eggs and talking about her egg dyeing app. what the? yep. she has an app for 99 cents with 101 egg dyeing ideas and instructions. find it here in all it's goodness.