Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

recipe: my favorite chocolate sauce


is there something you make, or even just crave, that reminds you of your childhood? well, this recipe is that for me. i come from a family of chocoholics, and many sunday nights were spent with a cup of ice cream with this warm, thick chocolate sauce drizzled on top.
it reminds me of good times, and i think it's perfect for these chilly summer nights we've been having here in seattle.
 


here's the simple recipe, i'm pretty sure it's best to eat this snuggled in a blanket on the couch (adding a little ice cream doesn't hurt either :)
 
chocolate sauce
 
ingredients:
 
3 tbs flour
6 tbs cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup milk
2 tbs butter
1 tsp vanilla
 
directions:
mix dry ingredients in a saucepan. add milk and bring to a boil over high heat. once boiling, reduce heat to medium and continue to boil for 2 more minutes.
remove from heat and add butter and vanilla.
refrigerate leftovers (if you have any :) 
 
enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!
    You made making my favorite chocolate sauce seem so simple!
    Would you join us in our food community www.mycookbook.com and let us know how you worked on the my favorite chocolate sauce perfectly ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chocolate. I was looking for this kind of article. I appreciate your effort to make your favorite chocolate sauce. Thanks for sharing this recipe with us. Keep sharing more recipes with us. Now it's time to get Taxi Near Me for more information.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...