Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

a photo-book valentine


My son isn't at the age yet where I need to make mass Valentine's for him to take to school (though I'm kind of wish he was, there are so many cute ideas out there!), but I still love making little Valentine's to give to grandparents and my husband. This year I decided it might be fun to make a little accordion book with photos that make up the message.

Here's what I came up with:


What you'll need:

paper
some type of adhesive (I used glue and double-sided tape, I liked the tape better)
straight edge
exacto knife/scissors/something to cut the paper (I used my fabric rotary cutter and it worked great)
bone folder
cute photos :)

First, cut your paper to be the same width as your photos. My pictures were 4x6, and I used 8.5x11 inch paper, so after cutting my paper I had 6x11 inch rectangles. 



 Next, use your bone folder to score the paper. My photos are 4 inches tall, so I made score marks every 4 inches.


Depending on how many pictures you are using you might have to glue a few pieces of paper together. For mine I needed to glue two pieces of paper together, and I had to make sure the rectangle where the papers connected measured out to be the same size as the others (4x6).

Next, fold your paper accordion-style, and then glue/tape your photos on.


Pretty easy, right? I think the end result is really fun. Now I just need to stop eating the chocolates I bought to accompany these and get them in the mail!


P.S Printable, ready to color Valentine cards.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...