Monday, November 7, 2011
mad about: embroidery
i about died when i opened my november issue of martha stewart living and saw the cross-stitch family portrait (#3). then i looked at my pinterest and realized than i have been pinning and drooling over this look for a while, whether it is real or faux. i immediately went to michaels and grabbed an embroidery hoop and some needles (i had tons of embroidery thread left over from friendship bracelets i made over the summer) and decided to make my own family portrait. i have yet to even sketch it out, but the idea is still at the top of my to-do list.
do you love the look of embroidery and cross-stitch as much as i do? it's making a huge comeback, and i like it.
1. embroidered mason jar lids that are so perfectly sweet.
2. embroidered headboard, so clever!
3. cross-stitch family portrait, what a great way to capture your family, no?
4. little hearts cross-stitched on tags, the perfect addition to any gift.
5. embroidered monogram, would also be cute as a christmas ornament.
6. embroidery on rolled canvas really personalizes this print.
7. faux-embroidery on a cake, made from sprinkles! so, so sweet.
8. faux-cross-stitch on a bedroom wall. i love it.