Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

quick and easy potted succulent (that won't die!)


Like most people these days, I've got a thing for potted succulents. They're just a fun addition to a room, and are pretty hard to kill. Unless you're me. I live in Seattle, so my house isn't exactly flooded with sunshine for a lot of the year. If I keep them in a window, or close to one, they are fine, but I like them on shelves and tabletops, too, and those always end up dying after about six months. It's pretty sad. 

So after finding some very real-looking faux succulents at Hobby Lobby a while ago, I've been replacing my dead ones with falsies haven't looked back. (I know I said not too long ago that I'm not a fan of faux flowers, but that's because you can always tell when flowers are fake. These look so real, so I give them a pass!)


My workspace was needing a little freshening up, so I decided to use one of those succulents to add some green. Since dirt isn't needed, and the succulent looked weird just sitting in a bowl, I grabbed some rocks from my yard and made a very quick potted succulent that I never have to worry about again. 


All you need is a faux-succulent, rocks, and a cute bowl. I got mine at Target a while back, but don't think they have these particular ones anymore. They always have something cute though, so you could easily find something there. West Elm and Anthropologie have really cute ones too, and Home Goods and T.J.Maxx never fail me either. Or just use what you have, I'm sure you've got a cute bowl lying around, right?

Simply put the succulent in the bowl and place the rocks around it to keep it from moving, as well as to fill the extra space in the bowl. You don't want to be able to see the stem. And then you're done! You never have to worry about watering or shriveling, lucky you!

If you want to get all fancy, you could use a real succulent and dirt instead of a falsie and some rocks. I won't judge you for that :)


I'm loving the green on my desk, and I love it even more that I don't have to replace it in a few months!

6 comments:

  1. I have those same bowls this is a great idea. Ill have to get them out now and give this a try. Thanx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good old Target! The bowls were hard to resist, right? Thanks for stopping by!
      xo

      Delete
  2. Yes! I have been wanting to add more greenery in my home but don't exactly have a green thumb. Also, love that Lulie Wallace calendar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love that calendar! I'm obsessed with everything she does. And those succulents are perfect for people like us! You'll love them.
      xo

      Delete
  3. Hey there dear I would just like to tell you that I really like your blog and this post as well I think that you have a lot more to offer so I look forward 2 hearing back from you again. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing helpful and fantastic post. I want to share information about Appconsultio. Pioneering the art of digital craftsmanship, our iOS app development company meticulously weaves code into captivating experiences, pushing the boundaries of innovation with every pixel and tap.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...