Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

a photo-book valentine


My son isn't at the age yet where I need to make mass Valentine's for him to take to school (though I'm kind of wish he was, there are so many cute ideas out there!), but I still love making little Valentine's to give to grandparents and my husband. This year I decided it might be fun to make a little accordion book with photos that make up the message.

Here's what I came up with:


What you'll need:

paper
some type of adhesive (I used glue and double-sided tape, I liked the tape better)
straight edge
exacto knife/scissors/something to cut the paper (I used my fabric rotary cutter and it worked great)
bone folder
cute photos :)

First, cut your paper to be the same width as your photos. My pictures were 4x6, and I used 8.5x11 inch paper, so after cutting my paper I had 6x11 inch rectangles. 



 Next, use your bone folder to score the paper. My photos are 4 inches tall, so I made score marks every 4 inches.


Depending on how many pictures you are using you might have to glue a few pieces of paper together. For mine I needed to glue two pieces of paper together, and I had to make sure the rectangle where the papers connected measured out to be the same size as the others (4x6).

Next, fold your paper accordion-style, and then glue/tape your photos on.


Pretty easy, right? I think the end result is really fun. Now I just need to stop eating the chocolates I bought to accompany these and get them in the mail!


P.S Printable, ready to color Valentine cards.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh!! Super cute, Erin! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you try to choose some really best quality women black leather tote bags you can find it at leather tote bags site http://leather-tote-bags.webs.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...