Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

dresser makeover

A few months ago, I was on the hunt for a dresser for our bedroom. I didn't want to spend a lot since we are wanting to install a good closet system in our closet someday and completely do away with a dresser in the bedroom. But for now it's needed. 

My search took me to Ikea, the Tarva to be specific. The great thing about this dresser is that it's the perfect blank slate. With a little paint (or stain), some new pulls, and a few hours on a Saturday, this dresser can pretty much turn into whatever you want. 


I used Benjamin Moore's Chelsea Gray paint, and Martha Stewart Bedford pulls (from Home Depot) for the hardware. I love these pulls so much, I'm sure I'll use them again for future projects. 


I love how it turned out. The only thing I might change in the future is the legs, they are a little skinny and don't quite go with the look I like. They look a little harsh to me or something? But until I find some other legs I like for it, I'm calling this project done. 

My original plan was to camouflage the TV with a small gallery wall (I know some people get crazy about TVs in bedrooms, but my husband and I are crazy about watching movies cuddled up in bed, so you gotta do what you gotta do, eh?), but I kind of like the layered look, too. Maybe layering another picture or two around the "L" will be enough? We'll see where it ends up. 


So for now, the dresser is done, the styling is a work in progress, and we have enough room for our clothes (hooray!). Our bedroom is slooooowly coming together!

Have you tackled any fun projects lately?

12 comments:

  1. I think the project looks great. Skinny legs and all, great transformation.

    Karen
    www.kehinteriors.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the color of the wall paint? Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley! It's Gray Owl by Benjamin Moore. It's a really beautiful color, I think it's the perfect gray!
      xo

      Delete
  3. That looks great! Love the color and the pulls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! Makes me want to do something similar for our bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there. Looks great! Did you sand the dresser before painting it or do any other prep?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I plan on replicating this soon! Did you use any kind of seal or wax to finish it or just paint? Also did you assemble it first and then paint or visa versa?

    ReplyDelete
  7. An idea for the legs....maybe do a dipped look with gold paint to match the drawer pulls. Might give it an extra kick. The dresser looks great though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you just do one coat of paint? I like how the wood grain still shows through!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm also wondering how many coats you applied seeing as the grain shows through...or did you just thin the paint?
    Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...